Our lovely Facebook followers suggested these excellent tips for exercising for your benefit! Get started, and get motivated today!
1. Update Your Playlist: Get some of your favourite, upbeat tracks at the moment and put them on your music-playing device of choice! Walking and running is easier with a beat to walk to. Try it, and you’ll see that when you exercise with music your subconscious will usually make you walk to the beat of the song you’re listening to! Not to mention its just that much more fun!
Let’s face it: Music is awesome!
2. Create a Habit: This is especially for those who feel like they don’t have the time to get into an exercise routine. Make in your aim to do a little bit every day – a 15-30 min power-walk, or maybe try riding a bike to the supermarket, or to university! If you get into a habit, then you’ll fall into a routine and you’ll feel empty without it! As you get into it, you can up the ante a little bit every few days and work harder or for longer. You’ll find time you never had and gain a newfound energy to face every day!
This guy is loving it! Maybe you should try riding to work?
3. Get a Gym Buddy – Your bestie, your mum, your sibling… maybe even your dog! Grab someone to take with you to the gym. If not the gym, go for a run with your dog! He’ll surely love you for it. Not only is this helpful for your health, but also your social life! It will make exercising a little more fun, and also you can feed off each other. If you need an extra push, get your friend to hound you if you say you “don’t feel like going to the gym today” – works a charm!
4. Use a Reward System – Reward yourself however you see fit. Choose a relaxing thing to do after the gym as you cool down. Maybe for every hour of exercise, you might watch an episode of your favourite series, or in the summer you can reward yourself by a dip in the pool, or a warm bubble bath in the winter.
Maybe a spa for the weekend will to the trick…
5. Get it Out of The Way Early – If you wake up that little bit earlier in the morning to make time for a quick burst of exercise, you never waste any of your day! You’ll also find that getting into this habit will make you more alert and fresh during the day, especially after your post-workout shower! Everyone knows that exercising is the best wake up call for your body and mind. Don’t forget to stretch before doing anything too vigorous, though!
Well said, buddy.
6. Technology is Your Friend – Our lovely followers suggested GymAdvisor, and RunKeeper. Which are both great tools! Do you have any suggestions? Let us know in the comments! Check out some of the top fitness apps here.